10.11.05

My first meme

I got this meme from Mielitty.

What is your all time favourite yarn to knit with?
The softer the better. I find the unspun Finnsheep wool very therapeutic. (Actually, I definitely need to make a third Sophie bag out of it). I also like angora and alpaca yarn, any brand. At the moment I’m making bed socks out of my own homespun and hand-dyed wool. If ever I learn to spin an even yarn, then the homespun yarn will be the best!

Your favourite needles?
Quiet and light bamboo needles, definitely, sizes 3,5 to 5,3.

The worst thing you've ever knit?
The worst yarn I can imagine is acrylic. It makes my hands sweat and the needles squeak ;-) As to the worst knitted thing, there are several. Some are still lurking at the back of the cupboard; for others I’ve given a new life as something else. One of the worst failures was a cabled cardigan made of Novita’s merino wool. My handknitting is uneven, and the yarn made it look even worse. Also the cables looked flat and ugly when done in that yarn.

Your favourite knit pattern?
Probably
Sophie. Or the beanie hat designed by Laura. Usually I don’t follow instructions literaly but modify them according to the needs. With more or less success.

Most valuable knitting technique?
Knitting on circulars, avoiding seams. I also like diagonal knits. I’d love to learn to do fair isle, also more complicated garments than socks and mittens.

Best knit book or magazine?
I have no favourites. I usually borrow books and magazines from the library and look for classic, timeless designs.

Your favourite knit-a-long?
Never participated. The Cow wants to do her own thing, as you’ve probably noticed already ;) But I never say never…

Your favourite knit blogs?
My favourite blogs have plenty of nice pictures, a lot of colours and original ideas, as well as links to other, interesting blogs. Finnish favourites:
The Unbearable Lightness of Knitting , Elämänlankaa, Ziina's Pahainen blogi, and Viiniä ja villasukkia. Foreign favourites include those that would be classified as fiber art blogs rather than purely knitting blogs: garnlek from Sweden, Sarah’s Homestead Blog from Oregon, Blog Tricofolk from France, Birthes FiberBlog from Denmark, Thread&Yarn Handing Days from Japan. As you can see, I enjoy surfing around the world =)

Your favourite knitwear designer?
This is a difficult one. But if
Kaffe Fassett popped in to offer his knitwear, I wouldn’t say no. Hanne Falkenberg's knitwear has that certain something, in a classical sort of way. I especially like her Mermaid.

The knit item you wear the most?
In winter, I wear
this diagonal sweater a lot (looks better on me than in the picture!) or a light turquoise Marimekko pulllover with a giant snow flake in front. At home, I usually wear an Estonian cardigan bought in 1998. In winter, my favourite is this pink sweater in silk and linen.

Now let me pass the meme on to AnneV, knit-a-holic, Riikka, Ninni.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti